Youth Employment Services
What is the Youth Employment Program?
The Nine Star Youth Employment program can help you get a job. The program begins with a thorough assessment of your current skills. You’re then paired up with a case manager who helps you to outline long and short-term goals and then create an actionable plan to meet those goals.
Once your goals are determined, you’ll know the next steps to take. These could include additional education and/or certifications; assistance in job search skills; assistance in work habits; and/or placement in a paid internship or permanent job.
Who can apply?
This is an opportunity for young people between 16-24, who have dropped out of high school or have graduated but face barriers to advance their education and career.
What can you expect?
- Thorough assessment of current skills
- Opportunities to increase skills
- Possible certification in an educational or vocational program
- Creation of short term and long-term goals and a plan to meet them
- One-one-one mentor and guide
- Career counseling
- Job search training, resume writing, interviewing, follow up
- Development of a positive work habits & attitudes
- Internship and permanent job placement
Who is eligible?
- Young people between 16-24 (graduated or dropped out)
What do I need to enroll?
- Valid identification: photo id, social security card
What are the benefits of the program?
- Getting a good job
- Exploring career opportunities
- Being eligible to participate in a paid internship
- Being exposed to a variety of training opportunities
- Being eligible for funding for advanced training
How do I enroll?
Stop by any Nine Star Youth Office- 730 I Street, 315 N Price Street or in Wasilla at 300 n Willow
The Nine Star Youth Program is offered at no cost to the participants.
730 I Street
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Mountain View Office
315 N Price Street
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
300 N Willow
Wasilla, AK 99654