Youth Employment Services
This program provides assessment, academic skills upgrade activities, career counseling, and pre-employment skills to youth. Employability skills development includes job search training as well as the development of positive work attitudes and work habits through internships and permanent jobs.
Find out how Nine Star helps youth learn how to stretch their food budget: https://ninestar.org/hot-plate-madness/
What to Expect
- You will be given an exciting opportunity to move forward in your educational and career goals!
- You will engage in a thorough enrollment process.
- You and the Youth Employment staff will create a clear, goal-oriented plan to reach positive outcomes.
- You will work with a positive mentor and guide.
- You may achieve certification in an educational or vocational program as well as getting a job.
General Eligibility requirements
- For out of school (graduated, dropped out) be between the ages of 16-24
- Must possess valid identification: photo id, social security card
Benefits of Youth Services
- Getting a good job
- Exploring career opportunities
- Being eligible to participate in a paid internship
- Being exposed to a variety of training opportunities
- Being eligible for funding for advanced training
730 I Street
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Mountain View Office
315 N Price Street
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
300 N Willow
Wasilla, AK 99654