Technology and Skills Training
- Earn National Career Readiness Certification Learn basic computer instruction
- Earn OPAC proficiency certificate in MS Office suites including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Discover new problem-solving techniques
- Enhance communication skills Increase employment opportunities
- Become empowered to make informed life choices
- Set goals and work toward attaining them
- Develop a greater sense of self-awareness
- Increase ability to demonstrate adaptive and positive behavior
Workshops are participatory unless otherwise noted on your Family Self Sufficiency Plan. Review the TaST Workshop Calendar and sign up for a workshop of your choice. Or If you are interested in participating full-time, ask your Work Services Specialist to refer you to the TaST Program.
Monday – Friday
9:30am – 3:30pm
Career Development Center (CDC)
- Coping with Todays Challenges: Ability to cope with today’s challenges is essential to personal and professional success.
- The Importance of Soft Skills in a Workplace: Employees understand the necessary skills required to perform the job. They also need to understand the benefit of employing soft skills in the workplace.
- What Most Employers Really Want: They want…
Technology and Skills Training (TaST) Classes
- Strengths & Skills: Identify your strengths and skills to assist in Work Readiness
- Communication Skills: Identify appropriate and non-appropriate communications in the Work place
- Planning, Goals & Budgets, Barriers: Learn to set SMART goals for work readiness and finances. Understand your barriers and find ways to go around them.
- Strengthening Skills: Using your skills to assist in Work Readiness.
- Plans in Action: Execution of Goals and Skills to Increase Work Readiness
Technological and Skills Training (TaST) Orientation:
- Overview of TaST services and resources, accompanied by handouts to be filled out by clients.
Work Services Orientation (WSO)
- Overview of the resources and services that Nine Star provides to encourage and enhance Client’s Work Readiness.