Staff Positions Available
Nine Star Education & Employment Services offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full time staff members*, including optional medical and vision coverage, life insurance and long term disability coverage, 10 holidays, and an annual leave bank of twenty (20) days (prorated based on hire date/probation). After two full years of service each July 1, full time employees qualify for an additional leave day each fiscal year, up to ten (10) bonus leave days. We make a 403(b) plan available, as well as Flexible Spending Account for eligible employees. Add to that an excellent work environment with supportive supervisors and energetic coworkers, and you have one of the ingredients for Nine Star’s enduring success: our employees have a home with us as we all strive to make life better for our clients! Nine Star is simply an excellent place to work.
Work Services Specialist
Work Services Specialist provide Alaska Temporary Assistance clients who are unemployed and under employed with the skills to obtain and retain employment, and overcome barriers. Work Services Specialists utilize a holistic approach to assist clients in achieving economic self-sufficiency.
- Implement principles of welfare reform and the work first philosophy.
- Assess clients to obtain financial, employment, educational/training, family composition and status, support network, and other information to identify challenges and barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Meets clients a minimum of once monthly as required.
- Develops Family Self-Sufficiency Plans to direct the activities of clients in moving toward economic self-sufficiency.
- Monitors clients to ensure they are achieving goals that lead to employment.
- Establish, maintain and review client files as well as prepare data for required reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Identify and appropriately manage angry or hostile clients in crisis.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources for services that address and meet specific needs as identified.
- Refer clients to training projects that will lead to a higher level of self-sufficiency.
- Prepare for and attend case review hearings with clients.
- Participate as a team member in weekly program staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Works with other Nine Star Work Services staff as a team to collaborate and meet the needs of all clients.
- Maintain connectivity with DPA eligibility staff in serving client needs.
- Develop employment and training opportunities and make appropriate job matches and referrals for clients
- Make client work site and home visits as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in Human Services or closely related field and two years experience in Social Services or a closely related field. (4 years of direct case management experience may be substituted.)
- Have a minimum of one year related teaching experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro.
- Adept at working independently as well as with team members.
- Hold excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and follow-up in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Maintain a professional attitude with enthusiasm and dependability.
- Exercise time management skills.
- Willing to take on new tasks with an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Flexible and willing to shift to new tasks when needed.
SUPERVISOR: LEAD WORK SERVICES SPECIALIST
HOURS OF WORK: Vary according to client needs and staff schedules
Please fax your resume to (907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or email you resume to email@example.com
- Monday-Friday, 40 hours week
- Must have reliable transportation
The Job Developer/Coach works intensively with Work Services clients to identify their specific employability needs. Job Developers initiates and maintains ongoing personal contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives to match the “right” position to each individual client. These positions may include Community Work Experience, On the Job Training and Job Start Training positions. It is also the role of the Job Developer to identify participants’ skills and strengths as well as assess the clients’ need for services available in the community, to assist in retaining employment and overcoming barriers..
Fax resumes to 907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CDC Mentor/Job Coach
Nine Star’s Career Development Center (CDC) Mentors/Job Coach oversee the daily activities of CDC’s participants. In group settings, unemployed or underemployed clients are provided with job search and work readiness activities, which are facilitated daily in response to the current labor marker trends. CDC Mentors collaborate with Work Services Specialists and/or Job Developers in revising case plans and developing strategies that lead clients into gaining verifiable employment. To apply please fax resumes to (907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or E-Mail email@example.com
1. Implement principles of welfare reform and the work first philosophy.
2. Oversee daily CDC operations and services provided to clients to include tracking and documenting attendance, workshop
participation, and behaviors observed that will impact client’s ability to gain immediate employment.
3. Sign off on daily Job Search (and maintain copies) and Family Self-Sufficiency Plans to direct the activities of clients in moving
toward economic self-sufficiency.
4. Ensure job readiness tools are completed with CDC participants i.e. resumes, cover letters, generic applications, ALEXsys
5. Monitor client activities by review and/or debriefing of daily Job Search log to ensure that employment goals are achieved.
6. Prepare and deliver workshops in job seeking, job enrichment, and job retention skills as well as provide oversight for their delivery
within the Work Services Program.
7. Work with Work Services Specialists to ensure childcare, transportation, and other work related needs are immediately addressed
8. Establish, maintain and review client files as well as prepare data for required reports accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Document and distribute weekly job search logs to the assigned Work Services Specialists
10. Identify and appropriately manage angry or hostile clients in crisis; mediate problem situations as necessary.
11. Identify and refer clients to appropriate community resources for services that address and meet specific needs as identified.
12. Identify and refer clients to training projects that will lead to a higher level of self-sufficiency.
13. Assume an active role in regularly scheduled staff meetings and other meetings as required.
14. Work with other Nine Star Work Services staff as a team leader to collaborate and meet the needs of all clients.
15. Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
1. Possess a college diploma (experience may be substituted)
2. Possess a strong knowledge base of program requirements, policies and procedures
3. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro
4. Adept at working independently as well as with team members
5. Hold excellent customer service skills
6. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
7. Able to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks
8. Work with minimal supervision
9. Able to coordinate multiple tasks and follow-up in spite of frequent interruptions
10. Maintain a professional attitude with enthusiasm and dependability
11. Exercise time management skills
12. Willing to take on new tasks with an eagerness to learn new skills
SUPERVISOR: CDC COORDINATOR /LEAD WORK SERVICES SPECIALISTS
HOURS OF WORK: Varies according to client needs and staff schedules.
To apply please fax resumes to (907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org