Staff Positions Available
Nine Star Education & Employment Services offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full time staff members*, including optional medical and vision coverage, life insurance and long term disability coverage, 10 holidays, and an annual leave bank of twenty (20) days (prorated based on hire date/probation). After two full years of service each July 1, full time employees qualify for an additional leave day each fiscal year, up to ten (10) bonus leave days. We make a 403(b) plan available, as well as Flexible Spending Account for eligible employees. Add to that an excellent work environment with supportive supervisors and energetic coworkers, and you have one of the ingredients for Nine Star’s enduring success: our employees have a home with us as we all strive to make life better for our clients! Nine Star is simply an excellent place to work.
- Monday-Friday, 40 hours week
- Must have reliable transportation
The Job Developer/Coach works intensively with Work Services clients to identify their specific employability needs. Job Developers initiates and maintains ongoing personal contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives to match the “right” position to each individual client. These positions may include Community Work Experience, On the Job Training and Job Start Training positions. It is also the role of the Job Developer to identify participants’ skills and strengths as well as assess the clients’ need for services available in the community, to assist in retaining employment and overcoming barriers..
Fax resumes to 907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CDC Mentor/Job Coach
Nine Star’s Career Development Center (CDC) Mentors/Job Coach oversee the daily activities of CDC’s participants. In group settings, unemployed or underemployed clients are provided with job search and work readiness activities, which are facilitated daily in response to the current labor marker trends. CDC Mentors collaborate with Work Services Specialists and/or Job Developers in revising case plans and developing strategies that lead clients into gaining verifiable employment. To apply please fax resumes to (907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or E-Mail email@example.com
1. Implement principles of welfare reform and the work first philosophy.
2. Oversee daily CDC operations and services provided to clients to include tracking and documenting attendance, workshop
participation, and behaviors observed that will impact client’s ability to gain immediate employment.
3. Sign off on daily Job Search (and maintain copies) and Family Self-Sufficiency Plans to direct the activities of clients in moving
toward economic self-sufficiency.
4. Ensure job readiness tools are completed with CDC participants i.e. resumes, cover letters, generic applications, ALEXsys
5. Monitor client activities by review and/or debriefing of daily Job Search log to ensure that employment goals are achieved.
6. Prepare and deliver workshops in job seeking, job enrichment, and job retention skills as well as provide oversight for their delivery
within the Work Services Program.
7. Work with Work Services Specialists to ensure childcare, transportation, and other work related needs are immediately addressed
8. Establish, maintain and review client files as well as prepare data for required reports accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Document and distribute weekly job search logs to the assigned Work Services Specialists
10. Identify and appropriately manage angry or hostile clients in crisis; mediate problem situations as necessary.
11. Identify and refer clients to appropriate community resources for services that address and meet specific needs as identified.
12. Identify and refer clients to training projects that will lead to a higher level of self-sufficiency.
13. Assume an active role in regularly scheduled staff meetings and other meetings as required.
14. Work with other Nine Star Work Services staff as a team leader to collaborate and meet the needs of all clients.
15. Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
1. Possess a college diploma (experience may be substituted)
2. Possess a strong knowledge base of program requirements, policies and procedures
3. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro
4. Adept at working independently as well as with team members
5. Hold excellent customer service skills
6. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
7. Able to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks
8. Work with minimal supervision
9. Able to coordinate multiple tasks and follow-up in spite of frequent interruptions
10. Maintain a professional attitude with enthusiasm and dependability
11. Exercise time management skills
12. Willing to take on new tasks with an eagerness to learn new skills
SUPERVISOR: CDC COORDINATOR /LEAD WORK SERVICES SPECIALISTS
HOURS OF WORK: Varies according to client needs and staff schedules.
To apply please fax resumes to (907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Nine Star’s Program Secretaries provide support to the Work Services program. The Program Secretary’s goal is to assist the Work Services teams in providing Alaska Temporary Assistance clients who are unemployed and under employed with the skills to retain employment, and overcome barriers by following up on FSSP/IFSSP mile stone; ensuring regular client interactions, and completion of quarterly staffings. Program Secretaries aid in sustaining supports in all Work Services teams in meeting and exceeding performance measures.
- Implement principles of welfare reform and the work first philosophy.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements of state, federal and agency guidelines.
- Oversee and provide front desk coverage as well as train volunteer placements, such as MASST or CWE participants.
- Assess clients to obtain financial, employment, educational/training, family composition and status, support network, and/or other updated information to forward to the assigned Work Services Specialists.
- Work with the Lead Work Services Specialist to oversee scheduled monthly interactions, to include staffings, with Work Services families and their Work Services Specialists.
- Monitor client progress by completing daily follow-up using CMS alerts system.
- Make client work site and home visits as necessary.
- Coordinate the use and inventory of supportive services under the direction of the Supportive Services Manager.
- Work with the Lead Work Service Specialists to ensure closed TA cases are appropriately archived or routed to Post-TA services in a timely manner.
- Work closely within your Work Services team to meet the needs of program participants.
- Work with other Nine Star Work Services’ staff as a team to collaborate and meet the needs of clients.
- Participate as a team member in weekly program staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Job:
- Possess a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (experience may be substituted).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro.
- Adept at working independently as well as with team members.
- Hold excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and follow-up in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Maintain a professional attitude with enthusiasm and dependability.
- Exercise time management skills.
- Willing to take on new tasks with an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Flexible and willing to shift to new tasks when needed.
Please fax your resume to (907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or email you resume to email@example.com