Staff Positions Available
Nine Star Education & Employment Services offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full time staff members*, including optional medical and vision coverage, life insurance and long term disability coverage, 10 holidays, and an annual leave bank of twenty (20) days (prorated based on hire date/probation). After two full years of service each July 1, full time employees qualify for an additional leave day each fiscal year, up to ten (10) bonus leave days. We make a 403(b) plan available, as well as Flexible Spending Account for eligible employees. Add to that an excellent work environment with supportive supervisors and energetic coworkers, and you have one of the ingredients for Nine Star’s enduring success: our employees have a home with us as we all strive to make life better for our clients! Nine Star is simply an excellent place to work.
Work Services Specialist
Work Services Specialist provide Alaska Temporary Assistance clients who are unemployed and under employed with the skills to obtain and retain employment, and overcome barriers. Work Services Specialists utilize a holistic approach to assist clients in achieving economic self-sufficiency.
- Implement principles of welfare reform and the work first philosophy.
- Assess clients to obtain financial, employment, educational/training, family composition and status, support network, and other information to identify challenges and barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Meets clients a minimum of once monthly as required.
- Develops Family Self-Sufficiency Plans to direct the activities of clients in moving toward economic self-sufficiency.
- Monitors clients to ensure they are achieving goals that lead to employment.
- Establish, maintain and review client files as well as prepare data for required reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Identify and appropriately manage angry or hostile clients in crisis.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources for services that address and meet specific needs as identified.
- Refer clients to training projects that will lead to a higher level of self-sufficiency.
- Prepare for and attend case review hearings with clients.
- Participate as a team member in weekly program staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Works with other Nine Star Work Services staff as a team to collaborate and meet the needs of all clients.
- Maintain connectivity with DPA eligibility staff in serving client needs.
- Develop employment and training opportunities and make appropriate job matches and referrals for clients
- Make client work site and home visits as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in Human Services or closely related field and two years experience in Social Services or a closely related field. (4 years of direct case management experience may be substituted.)
- Have a minimum of one year related teaching experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro.
- Adept at working independently as well as with team members.
- Hold excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and follow-up in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Maintain a professional attitude with enthusiasm and dependability.
- Exercise time management skills.
- Willing to take on new tasks with an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Flexible and willing to shift to new tasks when needed.
SUPERVISOR: LEAD WORK SERVICES SPECIALIST
HOURS OF WORK: Vary according to client needs and staff schedules
Please fax your resume to (907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or email you resume to email@example.com
- Monday-Friday, 40 hours week
- Must have reliable transportation
The Job Developer/Coach works intensively with Work Services clients to identify their specific employability needs. Job Developers initiates and maintains ongoing personal contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives to match the “right” position to each individual client. These positions may include Community Work Experience, On the Job Training and Job Start Training positions. It is also the role of the Job Developer to identify participants’ skills and strengths as well as assess the clients’ need for services available in the community, to assist in retaining employment and overcoming barriers..
Fax resumes to 907) 644-9925 Att: Zoe or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Instructor for Alternative High School program
Support at-risk youth in completing curriculum requirements for an Alaska public high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree required. Applicant will have good computer skills and strong time-management skills. Experience working with youth is preferred. Salaried full-time position with benefits. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Fax to 279-3299, attn. Jeff M.
Adult Education Math & Science Teacher
Anchorage Regional Adult Basic Education Program is currently recruiting a math and science teacher.
This program serves individuals aged 16 and older who are seeking to earn a GED, or to improve their
basic education skills. Bachelor’s Degree and experience in teaching preferred. Note: this is a full time
8:00-5:00 position. Cover Letters and Resumes faxed to Sandra E. at (907) 279-3299 or emailed to